Stockholm, where innovation thrives – Anna Gissler
Did you know Stockholm produces more Unicorns* per capita than any other region in the world after Silicon Valley?
* Unicorn – privately held startup company with valuation over $1 billion.
So what makes Stockholm so special?
Well, this week’s guest is certainly in a great position to answer these questions. I sat down with Anna Gissler, the CEO of Invest Stockholm. Anna has worked closely with the City of Stockholm for nearly 20 years.
Related: missed last week’s episode about Stockholm’s award-winning Smart Cities project – GrowSmarter?Listen again here!
In her current role, she works to promote Stockholm as a world leading innovation hub for foreign investors.
In this episode, we’ll be answering some big question.
- What makes Stockholm one of the best cities in the world to start a startup?
- What makes Stockholm one of the leaders in Smart Cities?
- And what do people mean when they say Stockholm is ‘A Woman’s Place’?
If you would like to explore business opportunities in this hot-bed of innovation in the heart of the Nordics, feel free to contact myself or Anna who will be happy to help out.
- Invest Stockholm
- Article: Why Does Sweden Have So Many Startups?
- Article: Beyond Spotify and iZettle: How Sweden became Europe’s capital of startup exits
- LinkedIn [Anna Gissler, Will Needham]