Anna Gissler, CEO of Invest Stockholm
Did you know Stockholm produces more Unicorns* per capita than any other region in the world after Silicon Valley?
* Unicorn - privately held startup company with valuation over $1 billion.
So what makes Stockholm so special?
Well, this week's guest is certainly in a great position to answer these questions. I sat down with Anna Gissler, the CEO of Invest Stockholm. Anna has worked closely with the City of Stockholm for nearly 20 years.
In her current role, she works to promote Stockholm as a world leading innovation hub for foreign investors.
In this episode, we’ll be answering some big question.
- What makes Stockholm one of the best cities in the world to start a startup?
- What makes Stockholm one of the leaders in Smart Cities?
- And what do people mean when they say Stockholm is ‘A Woman’s Place’?
If you would like to explore business opportunities in this hot-bed of innovation in the heart of the Nordics, feel free to contact myself or Anna who will be happy to help out.
- Invest Stockholm
- Articles: [Why Does Sweden Have So Many startups ?](https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/09/sweden-[startups](/stories/4-eye-catching-nordic-startups-at-oslo-innovation-week-2019) /541413/)
- Articles: Beyond Spotify and iZettle: How Sweden became Europe’s capital of startup exits
- LinkedIn [Anna Gissler, Will Needham]